Sunday, June 16, 2013

It's the Good Stuff


Instead of catching up on GoT last night, I took an evening walk with Brody and Daisy. Brody likes to run ahead and scout out the area while Daisy just looks at me all wide-eyed. It’s ok though because she’s all but 5lbs and she cries whenever I leave the house.

There were crickets and frogs that were singing me a song while bats flew overhead. And there were the occasional weird owl sounds and a faint yip in the distance that could’ve been a coyote or just a dog. It doesn’t matter which though because HELLO did you see that mofo of a spider I killed earlier? 

Truth be told, the only creatures I fear are the 2-legged kind. But I fear them less and less with each passing day.

I like standing there and just staring up at the night sky and as each minute passes, the stars get brighter and brighter and the darkness doesn’t seem so intimidating.

Isn’t it just amazing that we’re all just star matter and our bodies came from a star that freakin’ exploded? “We are in the universe and the universe is in us.” Good stuff.

Tonight was a reminder for me that you’re incredible, I’m incredible, life is incredible and the coolest thing is that the very best memories have yet to be made. I’m pretty freakin excited. Are you? If not, you should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment