Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Black Pudding


So, I was watching a show last night and there was mention of black pudding. I thought "hey, that sounds awesome!" Well, that is until I used the magical powers of Google to see what it actually was. 

According to wikipedia :
Black puddingblood pudding or blood sausage is a type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled. The dish exists in various cultures from Asia to Europe. Pigcattlesheepduck and goat blood can be used depending on different countries.
 Now, don't get me wrong. This might very well be the best tasting sausage out there but unfortunately I was completely squicked out. Perhaps it had to do with the photos that I pulled up from Google images. Or the fact that I'm not a fan of sausages to begin with.

OH that's right. It has everything to do with the fact that ma feed us RAW BLOOD SOUP when I was a child. She fed us tiết canh, which is a vietnamese duck blood soup and tried to pretend it was something else. I recall asking what it was and she replied with "Eat it. It's good for you!"

I can't remember what happened after that, so I'm pretty sure I passed out from the awesomeness or just blocked out the horrible memory. One of those most definitely happened.

1 comment: